|I made a hairnet to go with the dress--first time wearing one and I really like it!|
So many projects, so little time! I have been dreadfully neglectful of this blog of late and I do apologize. There are lots of yummy projects coming up though. :D Beginning with...
My newest Civil War cotton! A reproduction print from 1810 that I bought off fabric.com last year (it was on sale and I couldn't resist!). I was able to finish it in time to wear to the Carroll Co., MD event at the beginning of this month.
|That's our cat behind me. ;)|
The sleeves are from the Peachtree pattern; not only are they very full bishop sleeves but they were cut on the bias so I could get the same tucks at the top that I put into the bodice; and thus they are absolutely enormous! Gauged into cuffs; cuffs fasten with shell buttons.
The skirt has three tucks and a facing that peeps below the hem and acts as hem braid. The skirt itself is pleated to a separate waistband which is sewn onto the piped waistband of the dress. In turn the dress waistband fastens with two sets of large hooks & eyes, in a dog-leg-type closure. There is also a pocket in there somewhere. ;)
|Dog-leg closure with two sets of hooks & eyes.|